Week 1 done

First week of job was all good. 

I drew a couple of simple details and was asked to alter some drawings.  My knowledge of Autocad upped and I was also asked to re-introduce myself to Sketchup (I had only used it once before).  They had me build a model of a proposed building in Town which was fun.  I've been placed under control of Alayne, who is working on a mall in Swellendam, so the drawings I've done are all part of that project.


The office is pleasant and peaceful - a huge change from my previous work situation where I had to run around and deal with many people with many questions.  I feel like I fit in because the general vibe suites mine very well and I get along easily with everyone.  Maybe it's too early, but as I consider my career, I get the feeling that I could easily spend it in such an environment.

Had a good weekend in Betty's Bay.  Rested.  Lets go week 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment